- Conducted research and appeared on Discovering Your Past (episode 1 broadcast 22 June 2015, episode 2 broadcast 4 September 2015)
- Volunteered at the Sacramento Public Library (Franklin branch) as a genealogy expert since 2015
- Conducted research for clients since 2001
- Have written and/or transcribed over 2,000 blog posts for the Genealogy Lady blog since November 2012
- Conducted historical clothing research & constructed theatrical and historical garments from 1987-1999 in university and professional theatre settings, including the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, Goodspeed Opera House in Connecticut, and the Sacramento Theatre Company
- Lectured on genealogy related topics since 2015
- “Third Party Tools for Autosomal DNA Workshop,” Blaine T. Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., 3 June 2016; Southern California Genealogical Society, Burbank, California
- 2016 Jamboree DNA Day (presented by the Southern California Genealogical Society), 2 June 2015; Burbank, California. Four lectures on using DNA by Blaine Bettinger, Kitty Munson Cooper, Dr. Stephen P. Morse, and Dr. Thomas W. Jones, with keynote speaker Dr. Michael F. Hammer.
- 2016 Jamboree (presented by the Southern California Genealogical Society), 2-5 June 2016; Burbank, California.
- Sacramento African American Family History Day 2016, keynote speaker Kenyatta Berry, 12 March 2016. Three lectures on African American genealogy related topics, plus keynote.
- San Joaquin Genealogical Society Summer Seminar 2015, Gena Philibert-Ortega, 14 July 2015; Stockton, California. Two lectures on using newspapers in genealogy research and 50 websites every genealogist should be using.
- 2015 Jamboree (presented by the Southern California Genealogical Society), 5-8 June 2015; Burbank, California.
- 2015 Jamboree DNA Day (presented by the Southern California Genealogical Society), 5 June 2015; Burbank, California. Four lectures on using DNA by CeCe Moore, Angie Bush, Blaine Bettinger and Paul Woodbury. Keynote speaker Chris Schauble discussed his personal experience using DNA to solve his own adoption story.
- “Order in the Court: Hands-on with Court Records Worshop,” Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL; Southern California Genealogical Society, Burbank, California.
- “Documenting a Respectable Family History: Guidelines, not Rules Workshop,” Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS; Southern California Genealogical Society, Burbank, California.
- Sacramento Genealogical Society Root Cellar Annual Spring Seminar 2015, D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS, 21 March 2015, Citrus Heights, California. Four lectures on using digital libraries and online tools.
- Pro Gen Study Group 21, October 2013-April 2015
- Boston University, Genealogical Research Certificate, May 2013
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Indiana Genealogical Society
- Southern California Genealogical Society
Lots of Love, Daddy: The World War II Letters of Roscoe and Gladys Yegerlehner [volume 2], 2016.
Dear Mother, Love Daddy: The World War II Letters of Roscoe and Gladys Yegerlehner, [volume 1], 2015.
Alfred M. Dicks of Crawford County, Illinois, 2014.
“The State of Census.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 30 July 2015. http://blog.genealogists.com/2015/07/the-state-of-census.html : 2015.
“Finding Aids.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, May 2015. http://blog.genealogists.com/2015/05/finding-aids.html : 2015.
“Extra! Extra! Read All About…Your Family.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 20 April 2015. http://blog.genealogists.com/2015/04/extra-extra-read-all-about-your-family.html
“Buried Treasure in Land Records.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 20 March 2015. http://blog.genealogists.com/2015/03/buried-treasure-in-land-records.html
“Using Guardianship Records.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 21 February 2015. http://blog.genealogists.com/2015/02/using-guardianship-records.html
“90% – Why Hire A Professional Firm.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 19 December 2014. http://blog.genealogists.com/2014/12/90-why-hire-professional-genealogist.html : 2014.
“Criminal Ancestry.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 4 December 2014. http://blog.genealogists.com/2014/12/criminal-ancestry.html : 2014.
“A New Partnership – DNA Research and Traditional Genealogy.” Genealogists.com. Official Blog of Genealogists.com, 20 November 2014. http://blog.genealogists.com/2014/11/a-new-parternship-dna-research-and.html : 2014.
“Start Learning About Your DNA: Book Review.” Root Cellar Preserves 37 (February 2015): 23.
- Philibert-Ortega, Gena. “Meet the Author: An Interview with Deborah Sweeney.” Gena’s Genealogy. 25 September 2015. http://philibertfamily.blogspot.com/2015/09/meet-author-interview-with-deborah.html#.VhHKsflViko
- Gayfield, Cheri. “Woman’s Blog Brings Back Memories for Kentland Residents.” Newton County Enterprise (Kentland, Indiana), 1 May 2013, p. 6.
- LeGarreta, Raina. “Memoirs and Memories.” Elk Grove Citizen (Elk Grove, California), 1 February 2013, p. A7, col. 1-5.
- Webb, Gini. “May I Introduce to You…Deborah Sweeney.” Geneabloggers.com. 20 May 1913. http://www.geneabloggers.com/introduce-deborah-sweeney/