Another blogging award that I was given during the first quarter of this year is the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I’ve actually received it twice. First, it was by Su Leslie from the blog Shaking the Tree. Then this week I received an email from Lori Crane and her blog a day in the life of patootie. Thank you ladies! I accept your honor and will try to pass it along to some deserving blogs that inspire me. Since this is the second award I am accepting in the last week, I am trying to not nominate anyone I mentioned for the first award. I want to spread the wealth, so to speak. I read hundreds of blogs every week and there are lots of great ones out there. There are also lots of new writers emerging every week too.
To accept the award, one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
Alright, 7 facts about myself.
1. I have two children, a girl and a boy.
2. I’m a cat lover and I don’t like dogs (at all!).
3. My first career was in the theatre. I trained to be a costume designer and I spent about 10 years in the field. I have another blog which is sadly being neglected at the moment. www.brokenthreadz.com
4. I am a lifelong book worm. I enjoy reading historical fiction, mysteries, young adult fiction, science fiction & fantasy, dystopian fiction. And yes, I do manage to read almost everyday between work, blogging, raising my family, etc. This is the second year I am participating in the Tewksbury (Mass.) Public Library’s 50 book challenge. Last year I read over 75 books (for pleasure).
5. I am a Doctor Who fan. A lifelong one. The PBS station (WGBH) in Boston starting airing them in the 1970s. I’ve been watching the show since I was in elementary school. I am looking forward to this weekend when the new series starts.
6. My parents were divorced when I was a child because my father came out of the closet. I am hoping that the Supreme Court will make the right decision this week and end yet another level of discrimination against our LGBT brothers and sisters. My father has lived with his husband for over 35 years. They have been married twice, in two different states. The world hasn’t ended and I don’t consider myself to be an abused child because of it, in fact, I consider myself to be pretty fortunate because I have my step-father in my life. He is one of the people who introduced me to the world of theatre as a child.
7. I was born during the Chinese year of the Monkey.
Ok, here’s my list of 15 of the blogs that inspire me. They are not all genealogy blogs, some are sewing blogs.
1. Misfortunes of Knowing
2. The Buff Genealogist
3. Pics of Then
4. Will and Ruth
5. Raising My Rainbow
6. Letters to Rosa
7. One Rhode Island Family
8. Racaire’s Embroidery and Needlework
9. The Irish in America
10. Your Roots Are Showing, Dearie!
11. Historical Sewing
12. The Dreamstress
13. The American Duchess
14. Before the Automobile
15. A Fashionable Frolick