Beautiful Electric Displays Are the Proper Thing Now-a-days
Fort Wayne is becoming noted for her handsome display windows and electricity plays no minor part in their ornamentation. The latest addition to these windows are the large ones in the new Wolf & Dessaur Dry Goods house.
The electric wiring in these windows was done by Mr. Charle Yagerlehner, of No. 26 East Berry street. There is over thirty incandescent lights placed in each window and the artistic grouping and the neatness of the workmanship speaks volunes for the ability of Mr. Yagerlehner as an electrian.
The large display windows of the Globe Clothing house, with their sixty or more lights, are also silent witness to the ability of this popular electrician. In addition to handling electrical goods, door bells, etc., Mr. Yagerlehner makes a specialty of placing telephones in business houses, having just placed a number in the Root & Co. dry goods store, and the A.L. Johns wholesale harness house. Mr. Yagerlehner has his office with the Ogden Plumbing Co., and gives all work entrusted to his care his personal supervision.
“Handsome Windows,” The Fort Wayne Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Indiana), 11 April 1896, p. 1, col. 7.
The Wolf & Dessaur Bicycle Display Window
Myriads of Colored Lights Arranged by Mr. Charles Yagerlehner, the Electrician
In the large south show window of the Wolf & Dessauer Dry Goods house is an attraction that catches the eyes of thousands of people daily, who stop to gaze upon the beauty of the display. On a revolving pedestal in the center of the window is a handsome bicycle, which eventually will be presented to some lucky patron. The entire background of the window is covered with some soft grey material, giving it the appearance of a grotto, and is the design of Mr. A. B. Hergusheimer, the expert window dresser for this firm. Over the bicycle are two revolving arches, studded with myriads of different colored lights. The mechanical part of this display is the work of the Summit City Manufacturing company and the electric part of it by Mr. Charles Yagerlehner, of No. 26 East Berry street.
Mr. Yagerlehner makes a specialty of this kind of electric work and is prepared at all times to furnish electric lights of any color at short notice at moderate prices. Owing to his straight business methods, Mr. Yagerlehner’s business has grown to immense proportions, and he has now a number of large contracts on hand, among them being the wiring of the Wayne street M. E. church and the new Church of Christ, on West Jefferson street. Last week he finished placing a 124 point enunciator in the Winona Lake hotel at Warsaw. All work done by him is according to the rules of the national board of fire underwriters and fully guaranteed. At present he is engaged in re-wiring a number of business houses that were wired not in accordance with these rules. While not claiming that Mr. Yagerlehner is the only electrician in the city, we will say that he stands in the front rank in all kinds of electric work, from beautiful window decorations up to fitting out the largest building, and can always be found at his office, No. 26 East Berry Street.
“Beautiful Work,” The Fort Wayne Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Indiana), 8 August 1896, p.1, col. 9.