Fayette Friday is a new series of posts on Fridays. My maternal grandfather, Eugene McGraw, a native of Fayette County, Indiana, counted among his ancestors many early settlers and leading citizens of the county. In the early 2000s, after visiting my grandfather in Indiana, I brought back to California a small family archive which included dozens of letters saved by my great grandmother, Ina (Kerschner) McGraw. My grandfather rescued them when he cleaned out his parents’ house in the 1970s. The collection contains a variety letters written to Ina, her siblings, aunts, uncles, and extended family. The letters connect many of the early nineteenth century Fayette county families, primarily the Scofields, Kerschners, and the Hacklemans.
Letter from Eudora Scofield to Hyatt L. Frost, undated.
- Written before 1885 when Eudora married Osmond J. Condon in McLean County, Illinois
- Also likely before 1880 when Eudora resided in Bloomington, Illinois
- Hyatt L. Frost married Dora Burkheiser in 1882, Fayette County, Indiana
- Eudora – born 24 August 1861, Connersville, Indiana, daughter of Thaddeus and Ellen (McCann) Scofield
- Hyatt L. Frost – born 28 June 1860, Harrison Township, Fayette Co., Indiana, son of Eli and Melsena (Kerschner) Frost
Miss Eudora Scofield
presents her compliments to Mr. Hyatt Frost and solicits the pleasure of his company Friday evening 27th inst.
©2017 copyright owned and transcribed by Deborah Sweeney
Post originally found: https://genealogylady.net/2017/07/28/fayette-friday-eudora-scofield/