The day passed without too much happening – Joe seems to have gotten settled fairly well but will be worked pretty hard if no more Drs. are attached to their place. He has the nose & throat work of the station.
I got a call today about a house but decided not to do anything about it. It was a large house which rented for $150 per mo. and the gal thought since I’d said the Roberts and us wanted to be near one another we could take the house but I’m afraid that would have its drawbacks. The biggest probably being the chance that one or other might be ordered away leaving the other to hold the bag or rather the house at $150 per mo. I’ve given two Drs. who live in Chicago the word to keep looking in their area for vacancies – maybe if there are enough strings out one will be fastened to something. So we’ll keep
[page 2] looking and inquiring. One of the fellows wants me to ride into Chicago with him and look around. He really wants me nearby so we can share cars – a pregnant idea for all concerned.
When I was talking about not giving D. any sulfa drug with measles I didn’t mean it shouldn’t but in case ears or throat develops then it would be OK. I’d also forgotten. I looked it up last night – The contagious period may run up to 16-21 days rather than the usual 10 days to 2 wks. so it may be longer before he takes them if he does. Watch for the knots behind his ears. Those appear first.
Well, I’m going to see if I can find a book to read tonight, and relax for a while –
©2016 copyright owned and transcribed by Deborah Sweeney
Post originally found: https://genealogylady.net/2016/01/28/finding-a-house-roscoe/